The determining of which advertising media is most effective relies on your ability to determine what your main focus is for your business.
There are many options to determine when defining advertising media is most effective for your current state of business as well as your future state of business.
Define your business. Some questions to ask yourself are.
- How long do you plan on using a media channel for advertising.
- Are you focused on reaching the max amount of people or generating leads.
- When people look you up, are they focused on purchase or request for information?
- Is your website consumer friendly?
- Does your service or product best serve a specific demographic or a wide variety?
- What location or locations do your current customer reside at?
- How far is a customer willing to drive?
- Is your business mainly online or is your purpose to drive business to a physical location?
- Is your business revenue based on phone calls? Or a long term sales process?
- Do you attract B2C consumers or B2B consumers?
- Do you have repeat customers, or are you searching for new business?
- Does your current promotional efforts produce the results you want?
- Which advertising methods in the past have worked? Which haven’t?
- Which is your customers income?
- Where does your consumers hang?
- How would your consumers best be reached? Mobile? Email? Social Media? Home? Work?
- What is the age group of your consumer?
- Is your service or product complicated or easy to use?
- Do you need to sell in person or sell online?
- What are you hoping to accomplish in the next year?
- How much are you willing to spend on advertising, based on how much you net per person?
- Do you want hands on marketing or automated?
- Who are your competitors and what are they doing?
- Would you rather cut costs, save money, or increase productivity?
- What is the core problem you are solving for the customer?
- What is your competitive advantage?
- How many new customers can you handle this month?
- What’s your perception of time vs money?
- What is your current sales process?
The list goes on.
With so much digital media availability to successfully answer this question you need to dive deep within your company, yourself, and your employees to best understand which digital media strategy works best before you throw money into program.
What works for one business may not work for your business.